National Heritage Week kicks off in Lismore
- Published: Wednesday, 17 August 2016 08:45
National Heritage Week 2016 kicks off on the 20th-28th August. Free guides available in Lismore Heritage Centre with plenty to see and do in the whole country.
Lismore Heritage Centre has organised a jam packed week of interesting events to celebrate Heritage Week, for more info or to book any of the events below call us on 058-54975.
- Saturday 20th Aug- See and Try Remote Sensing Equipment - Round Hill Research Project. Kevin Barton Archaeological Geophysicist will give instruction and let people try some of the equipment used to gather data at the Round Hill Lismore in July 2016 at the Ice House, Lismore
Price- Free Venue: Ice Houses Lismore Time: 15.00-16.00.
- Saturday 20th Aug- Round Hill Research Project: Kevin Barton, Landscape & Geophysical Services, Claremorris, Co. Mayo will talk on what we have learned from the topography and remote sensing survey carried out on the Round Hill Lismore in July. Price- Free Venue Lismore Heritage Centre Time: 17.15-18.15.
- Tuesday 23rd August: The Towers Story. Discover the story of The Towers, Ballysaggartmore with our experienced guide. They will lead you on fascinating journey of the story of this mystical folly. Feast and famine during the 1800's Time: 14.00-15.30
Price- Adult €5, Child €2 Concession €4.50 BOOKING ESSENTIAL Spaces Strictly Limited.
- Thursday 25th Aug-Round Hill Walk
This walk will depart from Lismore Heritage Centre and follow Lady Louisa's walk by the river Blackwater, continue on to the Round Hill where your guide will tell you the stories and legends of the Ancient site. Moderate fitness level required. Comfortable shoes and water essential.
Price- Free BOOKING ESSENTIAL Time- 14.00-15.30 Spaces Strictly Limited