Welcome to Lismore Heritage Centre
Lismore Heritage Centre was opened in 1992 to share insights into Lismore’s formidable history and heritage. Boasting a picturesque location at the foot of the Knockmealdown Mountains, Lismore is famous for the magnificent Lismore Castle (dating back to 1185) that was once the home of, the famous Broadway performer, Adele Astaire and Kathleen Kennedy, sister of John F. Kennedy. Inside this private residence can only be viewed using through the Lismore Castle Experience.
Key highlights of a visit to Lismore Heritage Centre include:
- Immersive Tours |Locally guided town tours | See inside the Castle through Virtual reality headsets on the Lismore Castle Experience | Attempt to Escape from Boyle’s study in one hour.
- Celebrity | Hear the stories of Broadway stars, US presidents
- Science | Robert Boyle Father of Modern Chemistry was born at Lismore hear his story
- Heritage | Discover the story of the ancient Book of Lismore and Bishops Crozier hidden in the walls of the Castle for almost 200 years
- Education | STEM bases workshops for primary and secondary schools throughout the year